• High School Diploma or GED
• Must have successfully completed Registered Nursing Aide course and/or be 18 years of age
• Must be able to read, write and follow written and oral directions
• Must be able to maintain effective working relationships and relate well to the elderly and those with chronic illness and work in a team setting.
• Must have a sincere desire to work with the elderly and geriatric population.
• Must meet all local health regulations and criminal background checks and post offer drug test and physical exam if required and must have and maintain all required licenses, certifications and continuing education requirements.
• Responds to resident needs regardless of assignment
• Assists residents in all activities of daily living according to the plan of care
• Documents care provided per policy
• Observes residents and reports changes in condition to staff nurse
• Anticipates resident needs for those residents who are unable to communicate their needs
• Responds to all emergencies in a timely fashion
• Knows and uses proper procedures for providing emergency care
• Knows and uses “best practice” communication techniques for assisting residents to meet their nutrition and hydration requirements
• Knows and uses basic feeding techniques for cueing and encouraging independence of residents
• Communicates meal refusals, poor meal completion or need to adaptive equipment to supervisor
• Offers fluids and snacks to all residents according to the Typical Day
• Demonstrates proper body mechanics and lifting
• Uses proper hand washing techniques
• Demonstrate proper storage or placement of equipment
• Uses fire safety procedures and knows location of fire extinguishers
• Knows location and use of MSDS
• Keeps hallways/pathways clutter free
• Knows and understands proper procedures for reporting unsafe/hazardous conditions
• Interacts cooperatively with residents, families, visitors and other staff
• Documents resident’s records using appropriate terminology in timely manner
• Provides input regarding resident status and recommends changes for the plan of care
• Adheres to resident rights and facility policies regarding confidentiality
• Performs related duties assigned by Supervisor
NON-ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Attend and participate in In-Service Programs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands, fingers, and hand or feel objects, tools or controls and to talk and hear. The employee is required to walk, reach with hands and arm, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend, and remain standing for sixty percent (60%) of the shifts.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move, push or pull seventy-five (75) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description generally describes the job duties and responsibilities and is not intended to cover all responsibilities. The employee may be assigned other duties not set forth in this description. Job duties may also change over time as the employer reserves the right to add to, subtract from, change or discontinue the duties of this job or eliminate the job in its entirety.
Bethlen Communities is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States. Bethlen is a drug free workplace.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Bethlen Communities employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Bethlen Communities recruiting team will become the property of Bethlen Communities and no search fees will be paid.