- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must successfully complete Registered Nursing Aide course and/or Pennsylvania Nurses Aide Registration.
- Must be able to maintain effective working relationships and relate well to the elderly and those with chronic illness and work in a team setting.
- Must have a sincere desire to work with the elderly and geriatric population.
- Must meet local health requirements and criminal background checks as well as post offer drug test and physical exam as required and must have and maintain all required licenses, certifications and continuing education requirements.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES:
- Receive and follow assignment and checks resident schedules for the day or shift.
- Gives general AM/PM care to residents.
- Bathes and dresses residents.
- Sees that residents are properly and comfortable clothed at all times.
- Gives beauty care, shampoos and hair care, shaves male residents, trims nails, assists residents with personal and dental hygiene.
- Makes beds, put rooms in order, water flowers, etc.
- Checks diet trays against diet orders before serving, serves trays, may feed residents, removes trays.
- Assists with or gives personal hygiene after meal care.
- Transports residents to and from dining room, as appropriate, and supervise residents in the dining room, as assigned or directed.
- Prepares residents for naps.
- Serves nourishment’s, and fresh water/ice.
- Assists residents to and from bathroom, provide bedpan assistance and keep incontinent residents clean and dry at all times, changing linens as often as necessary.
- Prepares residents for tests and x-rays.
- Assist with physical therapy.
- Accompany residents to other facilities for the services, as directed by the Charge Nurse.
- Observes resident and reports changes in condition to staff nurse.
- Responds to resident needs regardless of whether the resident is assigned to your care.
- Interacts cooperatively with residents, families, visitors, and other staff.
- Rinses soiled clothing and linens as needed, before sending to the laundry.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Charge Nurse.
NON-ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Attend and participate in In-Service Programs.
- Perform related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by all employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees with disabilities must notify the Human Resources Department if they would like an accommodation. Employees are not required to disclose disabilities but unless the employer is aware of a disability, it will not make accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands, fingers, and hand or feel objects, tools or controls and to talk and hear. The employee is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend, and remain standing for sixty (60%) percent of the shift.
The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move, push or pull up to fifty- (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The job description generally describes the job duties and responsibilities and is not intended to cover all responsibilities. The employee may be assigned other duties not set forth in this description. Job duties may also change over time as the employer reserves the right to add to, subtract from, change or discontinue the duties of this job or eliminate the job in its entirety.
Bethlen Communities is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States. Bethlen is a drug free workplace.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Bethlen Communities employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Bethlen Communities recruiting team will become the property of Bethlen Communities and no search fees will be paid.