JOB TITLE: Personal Care Caregiver
DEPARTMENT: In-Home Companion Caregiver Services
SUPERVISOR: Companion Caregiver Coordinator
POSITION (S) SUPERVISED: None
******Over-night shifts are available******
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have the ability to read, write and follow directions
- Familiarity with the needs of adults and seniors
- Must possess a current driver’s license
- Must meet all local health regulations and criminal background checks, child abuse history clearance, and post offer drug test and physical exam if required and must have and maintain all required licenses, certifications and continuing education requirements.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provides general attention to client’s non-medical needs in accordance with an established Plan of Care
- Provides assistance with bathing/showering, as needed.
- Provides incontinence care, as needed.
- Provides mouth care, as needed.
- Provides assistance with transferring, ambulating.
- Provides companionship to client, including, but not limited to: talking, and listening, reading aloud, providing socialization and emotional support.
- Promotes the client’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest.
- Provides for a clean, safe and healthy environment for clients and family.
- Provides light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client’s garments and linens.
- Prepare and serve meals, as directed.
- Assist clients with completing necessary phone calls, correspondence.
- Accompanies client on walks, community trips, doctor’s office appts., bank.
beauty shop, bank, etc.
- Perform related duties, as assigned by Supervisor.
NON-ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Attend and participate in in-service programs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by all employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees with disabilities must notify the Human Resources Department if they would like an accommodation. Employees are not required to disclose disabilities but unless the employer is aware of a disability, it will not make accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands, fingers, and hand or feel objects, tools or controls and to talk and hear. The employee is required to walk, reach with hands and arm, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend, and remain standing for sixty percent (60%) of the shifts.
The employee must be able occasionally lift and/or move, push or pull up to fifty- (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description generally describes the job duties and responsibilities and is not intended to cover all responsibilities. The employee may be assigned other duties not set forth in this description. Job duties may also change over time as the employer reserves the right to add to, subtract from, change or discontinue the duties of this job or eliminate the job in its entirety.
Bethlen Communities is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States. Bethlen is a drug free workplace.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Bethlen Communities employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Bethlen Communities recruiting team will become the property of Bethlen Communities and no search fees will be paid.