JOB TITLE: Dietary Aide/Part Time Cook
DEPARTMENT: Dietary Department
SUPERVISOR: Food Production Manager, Dietary Supervisor and Dietitian
POSITION (S) SUPERVISED: None
- Must be able to read and write.
- Kitchen experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge of various tasks performed in a kitchen.
- Must meet all local health regulations and criminal background checks and post offer drug test and physical exam if required and must have and maintain all required licenses, certifications and continuing education requirements.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES:
- Serve meals in a manor that exemplifies quality and proper appearance.
- Perform a variety of unskilled duties in the kitchen such as cleaning work tables, refrigerator, floors, counters, freezers, coolers etc.
- Prepare and serve desserts, pastries, etc.
- Obtain and distributes supplies and utensils.
- Ensure proper temperature of food.
- Wash and cleans pots, kitchen utensils and other equipment.
- Initial morning dining room set up including making sure tables are properly set, getting dishes out and cereal for morning service, filling soap bucket & cleaning up any leftover dishes from the previous night.
- Observe infection control procedures related to the Department of Health.
- Follow Resident’s Rights policy at all times.
- Follow facility safety program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
NON-ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Attend and participate in In-Service Programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by all employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees with disabilities must notify the Human Resources Department if they would like an accommodation. Employees are not required to disclose disabilities but unless the employer is aware of a disability, it will not make accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands, fingers, and hand or feel objects, tools or controls and to talk and hear. The employee is required to walk, reach with hands and arm, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend, and remain standing for sixty percent (60%) of the shifts.
The employee must be able occasionally lift and/or move, push or pull up to fifty- (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description generally describes the job duties and responsibilities and is not intended to cover all responsibilities. The employee may be assigned other duties not set forth in this description. Job duties may also change over time as the employer reserves the right to add to, subtract from, change or discontinue the duties of this job or eliminate the job in its entirety.
Bethlen Communities is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States. Bethlen is a drug free workplace.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Bethlen Communities employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Bethlen Communities recruiting team will become the property of Bethlen Communities and no search fees will be paid.