- Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Must have a current registration in this State of Pennsylvania.
- Must have a sincere desire to work with the geriatric population.
- Previous experience with geriatric residents is desirable.
- Experience in supervisory capacity is preferred.
- Must meet all local health regulations and criminal background checks and post-offer drug test and post-offer physical exam if required and must have and maintain all required licenses, certifications and continuing education requirements.
- Act as Charge Nurse of the unit as directed.
- Carry out administrative and resident care duties as directed.
- Abide by department policies and procedures and apply them to personnel, residents, medical staff and the public.
- Periodically review resident care plans with supervisors and residents’ physicians.
- Requisition supplies, equipment, linens, emergency drugs, etc., to meet unit needs; sees that equipment is in good working order.
- Maintain unit records; perform charting duties.
- Maintain narcotic records.
- Complete required unit or medical chart forms.
- Perform and/or supervise and assist with resident care according to policies and procedures, such as AM and PM care; perform wing duties.
- Check residents’ charts for specific treatment and medications orders.
- Carry out or assign duties to other personnel.
- Makes rounds; take and record vital signs as required.
- Check and gives medications, gives treatments, and perform other professional services as ordered or required.
- Give emergency treatment when required, and notify physicians of emergencies and take and carry out physicians’ orders.
- Carries out restorative and rehabilitative programs for residents.
- Instruct residents in self-help and self-care.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Monitor performance of ancillary personnel to assure quality care to residents.
- Perform related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
NON-ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES:
- Attend and participate in In-Service Programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by all employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees with disabilities must notify the Human Resources Department if they would like an accommodation. Employees are not required to disclose disabilities but unless the employer is aware of a disability, it will not make accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands, fingers, and hand or feel objects, tools or controls and to talk and hear. The employee is required to walk, reach with hands and arm, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend, and remain standing for sixty percent (60%) of the shifts.
The employee must be able occasionally lift and/or move, push or pull up to fifty- (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description generally describes the job duties and responsibilities and is not intended to cover all responsibilities. The employee may be assigned other duties not set forth in this description. Job duties may also change over time as the employer reserves the right to add to, subtract from, change or discontinue the duties of this job or eliminate the job in its entirety.
Bethlen Communities is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States. Bethlen is a drug free workplace.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Bethlen Communities employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Bethlen Communities recruiting team will become the property of Bethlen Communities and no search fees will be paid.